Paid Work Policy
PROJECT AMERICA, INC.
Policy and procedures that ensure the following conditions are met if the residence provider
employs, contracts with, or enters into a paid work agreement with members:
- Paid work arrangements are completely voluntary.
- Members do not suffer consequences for declining work.
- Members who accept paid work are not treated more favorably than members who do not
- All qualified members are given equal opportunity for available work.
- Paid work for the operator or staff does not impair participating members’ progress towards their recovery goals.
Paid work is treated the same as any other employment situation:
- Wages are commensurate with marketplace value and at least minimum wage.
- The arrangements are viewed by a majority of the members as fair.
- Paid work does not confer special privileges on members doing the work.
- Work relationships do not negatively affect the recovery environment or morale of the home.
- Unsatisfactory work relationships are terminated without recriminations
If you have any problems with your house, please contact your house manager or Jody Wall.